Learn More About Massage Therapy in Alpharetta
At North Atlanta Spine, we know that some patients struggle with chronic pain every day. They have back pain, neck pain and other ailments that make it hard for them to do the things they love. One of the services our office offers is massage therapy, which can help relieve that pain without using addictive medication.
What Is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy isn't just for relaxation. There are several types that can help relieve muscle tension, improve circulation and provide a better sense of wellness overall. Some types that our office provides include:
- Orthopedic massage -which focuses on the tissues around joints
- Myofascial release - which allows trauma, inflammatory responses, tightness or injury from surgical procedures to be released. The technique requires minimal pressure, making it effective for most patients.
- Trigger-point therapy - which identifies tight points where the muscles are causing pain. Releasing that tense muscle relieves pain for many patients.
- Sports massage -which is used to enhance performance and reduce recovery time
- Neuromuscular massage - which addresses ischemia and neural entrapment, dysfunctional gait patterns, fibromyalgia, myofascial release, and postural assessment
- Deep-tissue massage - which focuses on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, the fascia, and tendons. This can be an uncomfortable massage, but by working through superficial muscles, there is the potential to reach the root cause of pain
- Swedish massage - which is for relaxation and encourages the improved oxygenation of the muscles and blood while easing any tension you may have
- Pregnancy massage - which is specifically designed for mothers who are pregnant and in their second or third trimesters.
As you can see, there are many different options to talk to your chiropractor and massage therapist about when you have your appointment. One or a combination of massage types could be the right choice to help you relieve your pain and improve your health.
Book An Appointment With Your Alpharetta Chiropractor Today
At North Atlanta Spine, our goal is to help our patients reach a place of health and wellness. If you're looking for a chiropractor in Alpharetta, our office is ready to take your call and book you an appointment today. Call us at 678-691-3221 to learn more about our services, the conditions we treat, our staff and other questions you may have. We're happy to make your appointment in person as well. We're located at 5755 North Point Parkway #241, Alpharetta, GA, 3002. We look forward to seeing you soon!